Academic and Professional Profiles
Kahlil Muchtar, ST., M. Eng, Ph. D.
Lecturer at Syiah Kuala University, Aceh, Indonesia
AI Research Scientist at Nodeflux, Jakarta, Indonesia
2003-2007 (ST.) : Dept. of Teknik Informatika, STT-PLN (Sekolah Tinggi Teknik PLN), Jakarta, Indonesia
2010-2012 (M. Eng) : Dept. of Computer Science and Information Engineering, Asia University, Taichung, Taiwan
2013-2017 (Ph. D.) : Dept. of Electrical Engineering, National Sun Yat-sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
FSD Unsyiah | GScholar | Scopus ID | Academic_Email|
[Click Here] | [Click Here] | [Click Here] | [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Kahlil Muchtar, Chih-Yang Lin, Li-Wei Kang and Chia-Hung Yeh,
“Robust Background Modeling based on Multiscale Color Description”
Proceedings of The 2011 Asia-Pasific Signal and Information Processing Association (APSIPA ASC 2011), (EI)
Xi’an, China, October 18-21, 2011.
- Li-Wei Kang, Kahlil Muchtar, Jyh-Da Wei, Chih-Yang Lin*, and Chia-Hung Yeh,
“Image copy detection via dictionary learning and sparse coding,”
Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Information Security and Intelligent Control, special session on Multimedia Information Security and Signal Processing, Yunlin, Taiwan, Aug. 2012 (invited paper)
- C. Yeh, C. Lin, Kahlil Muchtar, L. Kang, “Color invariant background modeling for moving objects detection”, IPPR Computer Vision, Graphics, and Image Processing Conference, CVGIP 2012, Nantou, Taiwan, August 2012.
- Li-Wei Kang, Kahlil Muchtar, Jyh-Da Wei, Chih-Yang Lin, Duan-Yu Chen and Chia-Hung Yeh, “Privacy-preserving multimedia cloud computing via compressive sensing and sparse representation,” in Proc. of 2012 IEEE Int. Conf. on Information Security and Intelligent Control, special session on Multimedia Information Security and Signal Processing, Yunlin, Taiwan, August 2012, (invited paper, ISIC2012)
- Shu-Jhen Fan Jiang, Kahlil Muchtar, Chih-Yang Lin*, and Li-Wei Kang, and Chia-Hung Yeh,
“Background subtraction by modeling pixel and neighborhood information,”
Proceedings of Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference (APSIPA ASC 2012), Hollywood, California. (EI)
- Kahlil Muchtar, Chih-Yang Lin, Li-Wei Kang, and Chia-Hung Yeh, “Abandoned object detection in complicated environments,” Proc. APSIPA Annual Summit and Conference, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, October 2013. (EI)
- Kahlil Muchtar, Chih-Yang Lin*, and Chia-Hung Yeh, “GrabCut-based abandoned object detection,” Proc. 2014 IEEE Int. Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing, Jakarta, Indonesia, September 2014. -Top 10 Multimedia Conferences, source: Microsoft Academic Search
- Yu-Hsien Sung, Kahlil Muchtar, Hsiang-Erh Lai, Chia-Hung Yeh and Chia-Yen Chen, “Automated Reconstruction of 3D Object on Embedded System for Mobile Apps”, Proc. 2014 IEEE Global Conference on Consumer Electronics, Tokyo, Japan, October 2014. (Award(s): IEEE GCCE 2014 Outstanding Poster Award)
- Kahlil Muchtar, Chia-Hung Yeh, Cheng Wei Lee, Wen Hung Xu, Po-Yi Sung, “Heartbeat Measurement Based on Laser Speckle Fingerprint”, The 2014 International Computer Symposium (ICS 2014). Tunghai University, Taiwan, December 2014.
- Kahlil Muchtar, C. Yeh, C. Lin, “Specific-purpose Object Detection with Energy-based Model”, IPPR Computer Vision, Graphics, and Image Processing Conference, CVGIP 2015, Yilan, Taiwan, August 2015.
- Chia-Hung Yeh, Kahlil Muchtar, Chih-Yang Lin, “3D-based Unattended Object Detection Method for Video Surveillance”, WS4 2017, London, U.K., February 2017.
- Kahlil Muchtar, Faris Rahman, Tjeng Wawan Cenggoro, Arif Budiarto, Bens Pardamean, “An Improved Version of Texture-based Foreground Segmentation: Block-based Adaptive Segmenter”, ICCSCI 2018, Jakarta, Indonesia, September 2018.
- Chih-Yang Lin*, Chi-Shiang Chan, Li-Wei Kang, and Kahlil Muchtar,
“Left-object Detection through Background Modeling,”
International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control (IJICIC) (EI, SCI), accepted. to appear: March 2013 (Impact Factor: 2.791, Journal Ranking: 14/94, COMPUTER SCIENCE, ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE)
- Chia-Hung Yeh*, Chih-Yang Lin, Kahlil Muchtar, Li-Wei Kang,
“Real-Time Background Modeling Based on a Multi-level Texture Description,”
accepted (August 2013) and appeared June 2014 to Information Sciences. (EI, SCI) (Impact Factor: 4.038). Google citation: 31
- Chih-Yang Lin, Kahlil Muchtar, Chia-Hung Yeh, Chun-Shien Lu, “Secure Multicasting of Images via Joint Privacy-Preserving Fingerprinting, Decryption, and Authentication,” accepted (February 2016) and available online Feb 11, 2016 to Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation. (EI, SCI) (SCImago Journal Rank (SJR): 0.749 , Impact Factor: 1.218). New!
- C.-Y. Lin, K. Muchtar, J.-Y. Lin, Y.-H. Sung, and C.-H. Yeh, “Moving Object Detection in the Encrypted Domain,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, no., 2016. (SCI) (Impact Factor: 1.346) New!
- Chih-Yang Lin, Kahlil Muchtar, Chia-Hung Yeh, “Robust Techniques for Abandoned and Removed Object Detection Based on Markov Random Field,” accepted (May 2016) to Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation. (EI, SCI) (SCImago Journal Rank (SJR): 0.749 , Impact Factor: 1.218). New!
- C.-H. Yeh, C.-Y. Lin, K. Muchtar, H.-E. Lai, and M.-T. Sun, “Three-Pronged Compensation and Hysteresis Thresholding for Moving Object Detection in Real-Time Video Surveillance,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, no., 2016. (EI, SCI) Ranking: 1.6%, IF: 6.38 New!
- C.-H. Yeh, C.-Y. Lin, and K. Muchtar, “RGB-D abandoned object detection based on GrabCut using Kinect,” Journal of Internet Technology, vol. 18, no.4, Jul. 2017. (SCI) Ranking: 86%, IF: 0.533 New!
- Chia-Hung Yeh, Chih-Yang Lin, Kahlil Muchtar, and Pin-Hsian Liu, “Rain streak removal based on non-negative matrix factorization,” accepted by Multimedia Tools and Applications, Nov. 2017. [SCIE 2016 IF=1.530, Ranking= 43.3%] New!
- Chia-Hung Yeh, Wen-Yu Tseng, Li-Wei Kang, Cheng-Wei Lee, Kahlil Muchtar, Mei-Juan Chen, “Coding unit complexity-based predictions of coding unit depth and prediction unit mode for efficient HEVC-to-SHVC transcoding with quality scalability”, accepted 8 June 2018, available online 26 June 2018 to Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation. (EI, SCI) (SCImago Journal Rank (SJR): 0.503 , Impact Factor: 1.836). New!
- Taiwan patent : 發明第I476703號 即時背景模型化方法/REAL-TIME BACKGROUND MODELING METHOD
Publication Number : I476703 ( 2015/03/11 ~ 2032/08/08 )
- Yu-Hsien Sung, Kahlil Muchtar, Chia-Hung Yeh & Chia-Yen Chen, “Cloud-3D reconstruction based on a MIO-5250 embedded board,” in proceedings of The 20th Workshop on Compiler Techniques and System Software for High-Performance and Embedded Computing (CTHPC 2014), Hsinchu, Taiwan, 2014.
- Listed in Who’s Who in the World 2016 -33rd Edition (wikipedia). New!
- Ministry of Education (Taiwan), The 2013 Intelligent Electronics System Design Contest Award to Kahlil Muchtar, et al. of National Sun Yat-Sen University for Excellent achievement in the System Application Category. [NSYSU-MMLAB].
- Silver Award (NT$ 50,000) – Intel Taiwan Intelligent Systems Design Student Contest 2013 (NSYSU MMLAB),
Note of apps: our iOS-apps called SuperNova will capture the several images and send it to cloud, then cloud computing will handle Structure From Motion and yield 3D-ready model and send it back to iOS-based-device (iPhone and iPad), ready to open, lightweight-processing and real-time.
- Second Prize, Winners of 2014 Intel Cup Embedded System Design Invitational Contest (Shanghai, China), MMLAB-SuperNova Team.
Topic: “3D Genie- A Light-weight 3D Reconstruction System Equipped with Intel Atom Chipset”
- Travel Grants from Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), Taiwan to IEEE International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing (MMSP’2014).
- Guest tutor – Intro of Intel(R) Galileo Board for NSYSU’s undergraduate & graduate student (Fall’14). Thanks to “Intel(R) University Donation Program“.
- The Best Ph.D. Dissertation Award by IICM (Institute of Information & Computing Machinery), Taiwan 2018 (04/21/18)
- Ph.D. Oral Defense (05/05/17)
Last edited: August 02, 2018.